I think I've found my stupid goal for 2011: Climb all the peaks in Minnesota over 2000 feet in one day (thus the 12/2). I'm not really sure I even have the number right, much less assessed the possibility!
1) 2301 foot Eagle Mtn., is the acknowledged high point (there are several other Eagle Mtn.'s in MN). It's about an hour's hard climb by itself.
2) 2238 (or 2228) foot Lima Mtn. is near Eagle.
3) 2230 foot Misquah Hills peak of uncertain name
4) 2067 unnmamed?, between E. Branch of Beaver River and Baptism River in Finland State Forest.
5) 2245 Gaskin Mtn. near Isabella MN.
6) "Peak 2266" near Isabella MN
7) 2224 Brule Mtn (same as #3?)
8) Pine Mountain (same as #3?)
9) Kelso Mountain near Tofte
10) Stony Tower Hill near Isabella
11) Peabody Hill near Isabella
12) Moose Mtn. near Hovland (there are two better known tall Moose Mtns in MN)
Sure, Sue Johnson did the 48 NH 4's in 5 days (see here) and all 54 CO 14's has been done (Rex Headd, probably others). But the Minnesota 2's? One day? Doubtful.
added: 13?) 2008 foot Height of Land Lookout Tower on White Earth Indian Reservation, east of Itasca State park. That'd kill any possibility of doing all in one day.
Another Year, Another Albums list
18 hours ago