"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Monday, December 20, 2010

Help me waste some precious time

[Answer to the poll question: the cities are amazingly close in latitude, with the suburbs of some overlapping. Portand is the correct answer at 45.6 degrees; Venice is next at 45.4, Mpls at 45.0, then Toronto and Vladivostok.]

It was a very long time ago that I linked to "Cute Things Falling Asleep." It was one of those things I discovered that makes the internet so fascinating to me: someone created something weird that I would never have imagined. It's been hard to find great places to waste time since then.

I've always been a fan of The Museum of Bad Art, which also exists in the real world, not far from the Museum of Fine Art in Boston. I especially like the landscapes where streams just start and end in a cornfield, for no apparent reason.

Then there's Awkward Family Photos. This is being made into a TV series, somehow, I've heard. There are some real belly laughs there.

The internet allows people with very, very, very specific interests to meet. For example, there's the fanclub for Aaron Neville's mole (If I were him, I'd have had it removed as soon as I had the money).

Most of my favorite sites have disappeared. Where should I surf next?

9 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Failbooking

If you ever doubted that Facebook was invented for luuuzer and retards, this site will relieve you of that doubt.

Anonymous said...

damn you autocorrect.

Georgia Snail said...

www.fmylife.com

that is my huge time suck....

sea legs girl said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I love MoBA. So is it an honor for an artist to get featured there? Hmmm. I have to say there is some good stuff - like "Woman Riding Crustacean".

Have you ever wasted time on Student Doctor Network.

sea legs girl said...

Um - there should have been a ? at the end there.

One Crazy Penguin said...

Check out dearblankpleaseblank.com

Hilarious.

C said...

Texts from Last Night and People of Walmart.

joyRuN said...

http://celebrityfashion.com/

SteveQ said...

Just looked at all of those sites. "Damn you autocorrect" is good stuff!

SLG: Went there, went to the optometrist forum, saw someone wanted help with the OAS. Isn't it just
E
FP
TOZ
LPED
PECFD
EDFCZP
FELOPZD
DEFPOTEC?