"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fab 5 Update (updated!)

The UMTR website's up, as most of you know, and the rules for the Fab 5 series is correct now. There's not a way to enter the series without UMTR membership at the moment, but I'm working on it.

Current Fab 5 entrants and ages (lots of Dead Runners!):

Phillip Gary Smith,60 (Loyal Minion)
Joel Button,39 (gave me a place to sleep in Aspen)
Wynn Davis,27 (ridiculously fast)
Wayne Nelson,41
Zach Pierce,34
Todd Rowe,51 (I remember his name from race results last year)
John Strange,33 (Cool name. Better for an ultrarunner than "Quick")
John Kendrick,49
Mike Wischmann,27
Larry Butcher,61
Denese Lenertz,49 (So far, a shoo in for the women's overall!)
Steve Quick,45 (Fool)
...........
Helen Lavin (Irish contingent)
Pam Nielsen (Helen's sidekick)
Carl Gammon (HURT survivor)
Judy Weller

Injury update

Turns out nothing's broken (maybe my jaw), but I've got a doozy of a back sprain.
The big 50 mile hill run's still on - Sunday, probably. Of course, I can't run 5 today.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Okay, you got me. I'm signing up for this right now.