"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"Meta" Post

My nephew hates whan anything is called "meta," but this is a quick post about posts. I'm coming up on 1000 posts (70 to go) and was thinking of linking to some of my favorite things I've written [Type "rutabaga" into the search box, for example]. I'm up to 125000 hits on the blog and enjoying seeing how some people arrive here. A few people find the blog now by the odd images I've been putting in the upper right-hand corner and I've discovered that I've become an underground digital artist without planning it. A remarkable number of people come here looking for Emma Stone's shoes. One person searching in Arabic keeps finding this blog searching for Russian teens and someone in Germany, an anorectic I expect, keeps coming back to a seriously disturbing photo I once (oops, twice) published.

How many of you have been reading since Mr. Winkle appeared in 2007?


Maybe I should get back to writing about running.

2 comments:

Carilyn said...

I quit looking at how people find my blog because it was giving me the creeps :) The word "dead" came up a lot.

Johann said...

Interesting! I'll certainly go back and read some of your old posts. There are some very sick people searching the web for weird things.