"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Sunday, August 28, 2011

This Week in Sort-of Training

Monday: 3.5 in 34
Tuesday: 4 in 39
Wednesday: 3 in 29
Thursday: 4 in 39
Friday: 4 in 39
Saturday: 4 in 38
Sunday: 5 in 42, with 8x200-600

Last week, I was getting banged up - actually it started Aug. 11 - and I was trying to back off to keep from getting seriously hurt. Then, on the 21st, I felt good and pushed. Thus, this week I had to recover from an injury. I'd pulled the upper attachment of my left semimembranosus or semitendinosus muscle (I always forget which is which), so I started babying it and then I pulled the lower attachment at the knee, then I babied it some more and pulled the popliteus.

Sometimes, step one is realizing you should be at step zero.

No comments: