"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Friday, August 20, 2010

UMTR Board Members Needed

This November, there will be elections of officers in the Upper Midwest Trail Runners and there will be openings for new directors. The only requirement for the position is to be a member of UMTR (you can sign up today!) The board is looking for people who would be willing to make a two year commitment; the board meets monthly in the Twin Cities and applicants would be expected to attend most meetings.

I'm planning on stepping down as director of the Fab 5 Fifties race series, but continuing on the board as vice-president. If you have an interest in being the next director, please let me know.

......................
This may be this blog's last post (until I race again or have some big new idea). So... as Douglas Adams said:
"So long, and thanks for all the fish."
...........
Added 8/21: Just heard that local running legend Lloyd "Forever" Young has died at the age of 87. Obit.
................
Added 8/25: Unretired for all of five minutes. Thought about going for over-50 course records on trails and having to chase down John Maas, Steve Sjolund, Brent Smith and Joe Winch. Then I remembered... Kevin Setnes... I'm not running Ice Age in under 7 hours!

8 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Was serving as director cutting into time you coulda spent blogging or something?

KERTWANGGGGGG!1!

My word verification:

"essoadic" - pronounced with a Cockney accent: "'e's SO a dick!"

Anonymous said...

Just make sure you always have your towel, and everything will be fine. :)

Scream'n Turtle said...

Does this --- MEAN, that the only race I can run against you is Mankato Marathon. Hope that's still a go for you.
Battle of broken feet, runner burn-outs, and just plain old body wear downs.
One short and bald, other tall with a head full of hair.
Steve---"mr." "Quick"
Just don't yell out to loud , in front of my home town friends,"how this blood taste Turtle", as you go fly'n past my old fart #ss.

Can One REALLY give up 100%, something they LOVE??????

What-ever the future brings-
BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!
I still remember a very wise experienced runner telling me, be careful: not to much to fast, Or you just might go WONKER's.
That person was right-I went Wonker's.
Wonker's isn't a good thing.

RBR said...

*pouts*

*let's out a long plaintive sigh*

*stomps little foot*

*resumes pouting*

nwgdc said...

if this were twitter, I'd RT RBR.

Please keep posting! Even if you think it isn't worth the effort, that's only because of the self-inflicted high standards you put on yourself. Whatever your write seems to be interesting!

SteveQ said...

Nic, I had to look up retweeting. I don't tweet (yet), but here's what I'd put out there:
1) Manscaping stubble's as bad as rug burns.
2) I say the Maserati in the pool is a landscaping expense.
3) Just motorboated a Cher impersonator... Awesome!

Jen, it took me forever to make that connection. Don't Panic!

Lauren said...

Sigh. At least you'll still be commenting, right? Just more time to spend on a bar stool...

Jean said...

"Just motorboated a Cher impersonator... Awesome!

OK, I just about spit diet Coke all over my computer screen. Classic!

Keep on posting, Steve. I love reading your stuff!