I've been coming off as a curmudgeon lately, finding fault with everything, so here's a list of things I like more than I probably should. I got tagged by a bunch of people to do a "7 Random Things" post, but this blog's pretty random at heart, so I'm doing this instead.
1) Hot mustard. Wherever most people would put tomato paste, I put mustard and the hotter the better. Don't eat leftovers from my fridge unless you come prepared.
2) Teff. This grain is always ground into flour in its native Ethiopia, but I like the dark brown variety as a breakfast cereal. Nutty, grassy, chocolatey...
3) Rollercoasters. God knows why.
4) Bad red hair dye. Many a woman has caught my eye with Crayola Brassy Carrot.
5) Bernese Mountain Dogs. 130 pounds of cute happiness.
6) Maine Coon Cats. Guess I just like big pets.
7) Oban Scotch. In my heavy drinking days, with the amount I spent on it, I could've bought the distillery. Talisker's a close second.
8) Run Bitch Run blog. Even she's not sure why I hang out there so much.
9) Chicago blues. You might think you've got my musical tastes pegged, but my i-Pod's full of William Clarke and Junior Wells.
10) Jack MacGowran.
11) The local "Dunwoody has design?" ad. It's run ad nauseum here, but it's perfect. Surprisingly, it's nowhere on the internet!
12) "Diggstown." I've seen this movie 20 times at least. Good cast, so-so film, but I like it every time.
13) "Bullet in the Head." This early John Woo film is one I always want to recommend, but who on earth could I recommend it to?
14) Sudoku. Yeah, I got caught up in it.
15) Queen Anne architecture.
16) The Frisian Islands.
17) John Dickson Carr mysteries.
18) Jim Gaffigan.
19) Copper. More than platinum or gold, I like copper.
20) Women smarter than I.
21) Risley acts (Foot juggling).
22) Boston Red Sox. If the Minnesota Twins are playing them, I cheer for the home team, but nothing's better than the Sox beating the Yankees.
24) Izzy's Norwegian Chai ice cream.
25) Widmer's 8 Year Cheddar.
I started and ended with food. Time to eat!
5 days ago