"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NIMBY!

There's something out there that could kill trail races. If this comes to the Twin Cities (despite the fact that it raises money for a good cause), expect me to run rampant through the crowd with a chainsaw. And, as far as the "toughest one-day event" in the world goes, it doesn't make the top 1000. I mean, really... this is an amusement park for frat boys. Look at the people who do this race - is there anyone you'd want to emulate?



There IS one guy who took it tongue-in-cheek. I like the kitten and the Knob Creek.

3 comments:

Georgia Snail said...

Glaven has a strong showing at 60% in your poll up there...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I always had a soft spot in my heart for Nimby's pony friend, Pokey.

No, wait ... not heart ... I meant head.

Good thing I caught myself! I nearly pulled a Glaven, there!

In related news, any hawt chix out there interested in "pulling a Glaven", if you get my drift? If so, why settle for a Glaven when you can have the Glaven?

Why isn't THAT poll (or should I say "pole"?) on your blog, SteveQ?

Psyche said...

I thought Glaven was a compliment...until that reference to "pulling a Glaven". Now I just feel dirty.