"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tried to run...

Tried to run. Didn't go so well. Four weeks off will take its toll, but it felt like I had daggers stabbing into my legs with every step. I was breathing hard before I started and was totally winded at about 50 yards, where I managed to drain my sinuses in a very dramatic and public way, then had a coughing fit and walked back to the house.

I'm recalling now all the people I've heard over the years who said, "I tried running once. I didn't like it." Yeah, I get that.

8 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SteveQ said...

Take that, G.

Diana said...

Hope your feeling better soon. Pneumonia can really kick your ass and put you on the sidelines for longer than you'd think!

wildknits said...

Sorry to hear the recovery is not going well. "Tincture of time" as we like to say at the clinic....

Hope things start improving soon and in a quick fashion!

bryan said...

Wow, that's pretty bad. Hope you're back up and running like your old self again soon.

Londell said...

Hey dude... Know what you mean but I bet you bounce back faster than I would...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wow. Delete a bruvva's comment just because he calls you "Snotty" - the appropriateness of which epithet I can, by the way, back up with the following textual evidence from your post:

I managed to drain my sinuses in a very dramatic and public way ...

What kind of petty and - dare I say it? - small man would do such a thing?

I guess you really are under 36" tall, as you recently admitted on my blog.

You can delete my comments all you want.

Doesn't make you any less small.

Or snotty.

sea legs girl said...

Wow, sounds like a great run.

It is actually such a good sign that you actually feel like trying to run.

Stupid pneumonia can take a long time to go away. You probably know this, but people's x-rays actually look worse after they have started to recover. I'm just saying that your shortness of breath and coughing attacks make sense during your recovery.

Well, hopefully the runs will only get better from here on out.