"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Thursday, December 6, 2018

Worse than a broken leg

In my last post, I ended by saying I thought I broke my leg. I am informed that I've torn my meniscus, medial plica and retinaculum in my left knee (it's the second of those that really hurts). I'm told to try resting it.

What's worse, though, is something I realized after I posted. I said that I needed to work on sprint power and that meant running against resistance. An option for that is tire pulling. I said I'd retire before I did anything that asinine. Once a friend of mine starts pulling a tire around on a rope, I pretty much discount everything they say from that point onward.

They might have a point. Ugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of people who train for arrowhead or Tuscobia pull tires around. I've been entertaining the thought.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you are injured.