"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Friday, December 20, 2013

The Finish Line

I haven't really raced in two years and haven't had a good race in five. I got two free entries to races next year, but I haven't bothered to get entry forms. I haven't run in a month. Once in a while, the urge to go for a run comes and I start out, but I don't get anywhere and head back home.

I guess I'm done.

The blogosphere has also shrunk of late. The people who used to check out what I wrote every day 5 years ago have disappeared and most people just come here for the links to other blogs. That has me thinking that this blog has reached the end of its usefulness.


9 comments:

PiccolaPineCone said...

steve - i refer you to this post and, more specifically, to your comment on it. absent the fact that many people enjoy your blog, if any of the reasons in this post still resonate with you (or the myriad of unmentioned ones) you may wish to consider continuing. in any case it does not have to be a black and white decision...

PiccolaPineCone said...

oh... i guess it would have been a more useful comment had i actually included the link:

http://piccola-pine-cone.blogspot.ca/2010/05/blogging-on-blogging.html

(sorry pardon the narcissism inherent in referencing my own blog... it was really your comment i am referring to...)

Anonymous said...

not true. I still enjoy the adventures of Steve

Anonymous said...

I read pretty much everything you write (even the movie lists), and I also re-read some of your intriguing posts from the past.

Robyn said...

I like your posts.

Londell said...

Hey, when you write we know you are dead... I think this code stops people from commenting. At times, I have tried to type that stupid verification code several time sand then say screw it...

I have only did Grandmas in the past three years. Have no urge either. Sure love the bike though...

sea legs girl said...

The thing that keeps me from commenting is my email address is not connected to my blog address so I have to do all of this uber complicated logging in and out. I only comment on blogs now when I write blog posts, which is like never! But you reminded me that I need to see Black Swan. I love ballet. And I am appalled you would not run a race that is free.

Anonymous said...

I come first to ready what you have to say :-) But then often link off to other blogs. You would be missed if you stopped.

Unknown said...

Here's hoping you're not done and decide to return. If not, best wishes in finding something to fill the void!