"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Nikola Tesla Eats a Sponge

Sometimes, you just need a catchy title.


99 days into my 120 day achilles tendon rehab, I found I have to treat proximal hamstring tendinopathy as well. Another 90 days. The secret of running seems to get hurt less often than the average length of rehab, or else you just have perpetual rehab.

The process I've been using had the unlikely claim to be 100% effective in 120 days. A year later, the same experts NOW say:

"A series of exercises performed over a 3 to 6 month period will cure about 95% of persistent Achilles problems"

Great. They added two months and decreased the odds of success. Story of my life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you treating the hamstring tendonopathy? It is encouraging news...your slow and steady recovery!