"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fiddlesticks

Fiddlesticks - that's the mildest oath I can think of.

Things just aren't going right. Bad workouts. Bad dates (mentioned a doozy on Facebook). Planned to do my last peakbagging this week and my Garmin gave up the ghost. It's one of those times when even my nose hairs stab me.

Ran into someone this morning that I hadn't seen in 33 years - and he recognized me [I really couldn't lead a life of crime, could I?] - and I found myself doing the "describe your entire life in two sentences" thing. It was kinda grim. And only last week I had a meal with relatives I hadn't seen in 6 years and I managed to make things seem okay.

1 comment:

wildknits said...

oof!

The date did sound rather interesting....

Must be something in the air, my daughter and son-in-law had a bad week as well, though things seem to have turned around. Hope the same is true for you.