"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Face Recognition - a Test (maybe a contest)

Well, I'm sick (hay fever) and injured (bursitis) again, and I don't feel like writing about running.

I recently discovered that some photos I posted on this blog were of women whose photos I'd posted before and didn't recognize as being the same. I have a lot of problems recognizing people, but I'm pretty good with photos.

Let's see who's good at recognizing people. There are only three women pictured below; see if you can sort them. Maybe I'll come up with a prize for whoever gets them right first.

1


2


3


4


5


6


7


8


9


10


11


12


13


14


15
 [There's an easy way to sort, once you find it!]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1-5, 6-10, 11-12.

Joe G.

Colin said...

I figured this was more of a redhead fetish post: we would have taken you more seriously if you'd posted pictures of middle-aged balding men!

I can't tell who's who so I tried cheating. Still wasn't completely successful (not sure about #12), but I think that the matches are 1, 5, 10, 12, 13, 14; 2, 4, 9, 15; 3, 6, 7, 8, 11. If I was designing this test I would have included 5 photos of each (the asymmetry would bother me otherwise), so my backup guess would be the same but with 12 in the second set to even things out. :)

SteveQ said...

Colin, I specifically put in the "easy way of sorting" just for you, figuring you'd go straight to the file names. I'll send you an email to let you know how close you were.