"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Time Warp

Somehow, I'm in 1930's Louisiana. The dewpoint's 78 and it'll be 100 degrees today (sorry for those who need metric - it wasn't popular on the bayou during the depression). The power went out, so there's no air conditioning or fans; I'm spending most of my time at home getting to know my basement, where it's relatively cool. Of course, it's still wet - the heavy rains that caused seepage into my basement is not helped by the air being saturated with humidity.

And I ate some bad shrimp etouffe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well hopefully some crab in the bucket will succor your shrimp ailment.

-wynn


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOpF-pxPOtM&feature=fvwrel

Jean said...

The weather is absolutely ridiculous. I hope your electricity is back on. It was out for 5 hours at my office yesterday.

I have never experienced humidity like this. I just heard the dew point hit 88 in Moorhead today! I am already looking forward to snow. :)