"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Monday, July 25, 2011

Complications

I was looking forward to my excursion up north this coming weekend, but as usual, things are never as easy as they seem. First, the brakes on my car are worrisome; I had them repaired, then brought it back to be adjusted, but they're still acting up. Second, two of the "easy" summits I had on my list don't actually qualify as peaks, upon further research. Third, the easiest one is on a road marked "unsuitable for passenger cars," which will add considerable time to my trip, as I'll have to run what I planned to drive. Fourth, self-issued day hike permits in the BWCA are not available for the entry point I had in mind.

Well, I guess that's what makes it an adventure!

................
Be sure to congratulate Sea Legs Girl and Fast Bastard on their new baby and to wish RBR a happy birthday today.

No comments: