"There's only one hard and fast rule in running: sometimes you have to run one hard and fast."








Friday, April 15, 2011

Snow tonight... thinking about summer

I was planning on being at Trail Mix tomorrow, but snow or freezing rain is forecast, so I'll just stick to trying to get my own run in (late afternoon, when it'll be near 50 degrees). Here's some summer things on my mind:


View alongside my Brickyard Hill


Chris Gardner on Voyageur 50 Powerlines





Just north of the Superior 50K course is this wonder. No one knows where the water goes!

And maybe I'll get in a race in "minimalist bondage gear:"

5 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I'm alive.

Between watching the Phillies games and Ian's school assignments and his baseball games and taking him to the field to practice, I have little time for anything else. I've been reading 2 Noble Kinsmen for like two weeks now and still haven't finished. O yeah - and DFW's The Pale King just came in for me. So now I have to put Shxpr on hold.

Expect more of the same for, O, the next six months.

At least Ian will be on summer vay-kay for 10 weeks of that time.

wildknits said...

This feels like the cruelest time of year when the weather flips from near 70 to sub-30 in 48 hours (or less).

The cruddy weather makes being injured a little more bearable - certainly less tempted to run when the winds are howling 50 mph.

The Brickyard Hill looks... fun... in a Powerlines/Mystery Mountain/Ely's Peak kind of way ;->

Antic as my captcha.... how perfect!

SteveQ said...

Lisa, I had to look up Ely's Peak. They're comparable, I guess, in a way.

wildknits said...

Steve - Ely's Peak may be more of a challenge for me than you - the first step up is about waist high for me and sets the tone for the rest of the climb.

Suppose Brickyard Hill could be fun in 138 (give or take) steps way. ;-> (Another fun spot on the Duluth SHT).

Jean said...

The weather this weekend was ridiculous. And this week's weather looks crappy and cold, too. I'm with you, Steve, I have summer things on my mind as well!