Once, Lori asked me to escort her to a Christmas party that I didn't want to go to.
"If you want to leave early, just give me the secret word."
- And what's that?
- I can't work 'rutabaga' into a conversation!
"Then I chose well."
"Don't mind Steve. We have a wager that he can't work 'rutabaga' into a conversation."
"(chuckle) Well, I don't think that counts."
- RUTABAGA RUTABAGA RUTABAAAAGAAAAA!!!!!
"Let me take your coats... Can I get you something to drink? Lori?"
"Do you have that wine you had for my birthday?
"I'll check. Steve, what can I get you?"
- If it's not too much trouble, vegetable juice would be great, especially rutabaga.
"Umm, I'll see what I can do."
"Hi, Steve. Lori's told us so much about you. You have a degree in chemical engineering?
- Yeah, but I don't use it much in my line of work.
"What do you do?
- I... farm rutabagas.
"Really. Are you being successful?"
- Not tonight.
"Here's your drinks. So, Steve, enjoying yourself?"
- I hate Christmas parties so much that I wish someone would choke me with a rutabaga!
Lori: "That can be arranged."
Lovin', touchin', squeezin'
1 week ago